As I have warned you many times, hackers and identity thieves exploit vulnerabilities in the many software programs that we all use so it is very important when security patches for those vulnerabilities are released to install those patches as soon as possible. Hackers and identity thieves take advantage of the fact that many people delay or don’t ever update the programs they use. Delaying or failing to update your software with new security patches is a big mistake. Here at Scamicide we make it our business to let you know about the latest software security patches as they become available. Here is the most recent notice from the United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team which is a part of the Department of Homesland Security regarding patches for the Adobe Flash Player.
“Security Updates Available for Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Flash Player 11.7.700.202 and earlier versions for Windows
- Adobe Flash Player 11.7.700.203 and earlier versions for Macintosh
- Adobe Flash Player 188.8.131.525 and earlier versions for Linux
- Adobe Flash Player 184.108.40.206 and earlier versions for Android 4.x
- Adobe Flash Player 220.127.116.11 and earlier versions for Android 3.x and 2.x
- Adobe AIR 18.104.22.1680 and earlier versions for Windows and Macintosh
- Adobe AIR 22.214.171.1240 and earlier versions for Android
- Adobe AIR 126.96.36.1990 SDK & Compiler and earlier versions
US-CERT encourages users and administrators to review Adobe Security Bulletin 13-16 and follow best practice security policies to determine if their organization is affected and the appropriate response.”
Here is a link to the Adobe Security Bulletin 13-16 http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb13-16.html
Always keep your software updated with the latest security patches and check with Scamicide daily to learn about not just the latest scams and identity theft schemes to avoid, but to learn where to go to update your software with the latest security patches.